David and Claire are still mainly breastfed, except for the 3 oz of formula we add to their before-bed bottles. Those bottles range from 5-7 ounces and the amount seems to change weekly. They nurse about 5-6 times a day plus the one bottle.
We are currently in the "put everything in our mouth" stage. Let's see how long this lasts with these two - with L, it lasted for a good 18 months!!
Our biggest accomplishment this month is that both babies are successfully napping in their cribs! It took about 3 days to "train" them. I use the term lightly as I don't really let them cry-it-out to train. I go in at short intervals (1 minute, then 3 minutes later, then 5 minutes later) to pop pacis in and rub backs (no picking up or rocking). They almost always fall asleep by the time we hit 5 minutes, but the first few days naps were lasting 30 minutes or less - so I consider that unsuccessful. Naps are at 8:30am, 12:30pm, and sometimes a short one around 4pm. Now that we are on more of a scheduled day, I've noticed that Claire wants to take a longer nap at 8:30am, while David wants his nap at 12:30pm to last longer. This usually results in Claire wanting that third nap in the early evening. Hoping we can mesh their schedules together soon. I've always put them down for naps together regardless of when they woke up last, so hopefully that will help us evolve.
Nighttime sleep is typically from 6:30pm-7am with 2 wake ups to eat. We seem to finally have a nice rhythm going with our bedtime routine. It took Eric and I a while to figure out what worked, and what didn't. So here is what we came up with, currently. I usually start bottles around 5:45/6pm. Both babies sit in their bouncy chairs while I feed them simultaneously (sometimes Lucas will help, but he is usually too busy on the iPad or watching Thomas or Bubble Guppies!). Eric usually gets home while I'm feeding the bottles and will take one of the babies to help finish up. Then once they are done, either both Eric and I or just one of us will do diapers, jammies, books, bed. It usually depends on how much dinner needs tending too. If dinner is just about done, then we will both do bedtime. Sometimes, dinner will need a little TLC, so that's when one of us will do babies and one will finish up dinner. Then, Lucas, Eric and I eat dinner. Lucas' bedtime is after dinner.
David: Nighttime sleep seems to be getting better, though he is now waking 2x per night to eat. At least he is going back down without any issue most nights. David sleeps on his belly, with his nose pressed right up against the side of his crib. It's a good thing we use Breathable Bumpers because, otherwise, his sleeping position could suffocate him! David is never happy when he wakes up in the morning or from naps. He's pretty much a bear until we go to him. I'm looking forward to the day he starts to wake up happy with squeals of delight instead of cries.
David is very touchy feely. He loves to hold our hands and fingers, hold Claire's hand, or hold my shirt when we nurse. If someone is holding him or is feeding him a bottle, he likes to rub their arm. I'm pretty sure the squeeze around the neck I get when I pick him up from a nap or sleep is an intentional hug.
He rolls immediately from back to belly when put down and will occasionally continue on and roll belly to back is he's in the mood. I also noticed that he has rolled to his right, which he prefers, but has also succeeded rolling to his left.
David is so close to sitting on his own. He can balance and tripod quite well but still topples over on his side fairly often.
He has very good hand-mouth coordination. He loves the exersaucer, spinning/"walking" around in the seat, and playing with the toys.
David found his voice and likes to scream at the top of his lungs. He's still a crier and kind of high-maintenance. We say he probably would have been better off as a singleton since he is very impatient. When he wants something, he wants it now! That attitude doesn't bode well for a twin!
Has chubby little hands and wrists, lots of leg and arm rolls, and adorable elbow dimples. His eyelashes are pretty insane!
D's hair is becoming thicker, and he is currently sporting a comb-over! He had his second little trim by mommy this month on his hairs up front since they were constantly in his eyes. Daddy preformed the first trim about 2 months ago on the hairs above his ears.
David started oatmeal cereal just after he turned four months old. He hated it at first and it took a few days to take to it. Now he takes 2-3 tablespoons once a day in the evening. He likes it with cinnamon or nutmeg, and gets very excited when he sees the spoon come out!
He's a very smiley child! David loves to smile at Claire and Lucas. Mommy and Daddy also get lots of grins. He enjoys "talking" to anyone who will listen, but his favorite people to talk to are mommy and Claire. Diaper changes are when our most meaningful conversations ensue.
David is a huge fan of blowing raspberries. He spits all over the place. It's pretty awesome when he decides the best moment to partake in his newest fave past time is when he has a mouth full of oatmeal.
D does not like when mommy leaves his sight. We definitely have a mama's boy on our hands. I never really experienced this with Lucas, so I'm eating this up while I can!
These two are just a bundle of fun and cuteness! We feel so humbled and greatful for their precious lives and health!




No comments:
Post a Comment