This month has been a whirlwind! We are all finally getting into a groove with me being back to work. Lucas loves daycare and they love him! I am told every day when I pick him up how pleasant and sweet he is, but if he is having an off day, we are told that too. Why was he having off days, you may ask? Well, this month, Lucas got his first cold, second cold (both of which, he so graciously, passed on to me!), and ear infection! He also cut his first 3 teeth – first two on Aug 16th, and a third about a week later! So, we dealt with congestion, fever, ear pain, and tooth pain all, pretty much, simultaneously! Poor little guy had a lot going on! There were some sleepless nights of crying, and we found out that he HATES to have his nose de-snotted/aspirated or even wiped, for that matter. Thankfully, he was happy most of the time, despite the illness and teething. What a champ, we have!
The biggest development this month is that Lucas is combat crawling on his belly! This actually started 2 days after he turned 6 months old! I also started crawling around 6 months old, so it must be in the genes. These days, there is no point in laying a blanket out for him to play on anymore, since he rarely stays on it. And now that Lucas is mobile, Darby brings her toys and balls to him as if saying, “come on, let’s play!” hee hee! He will also go into a crawling position from a sit, but it took a little while for him to muster up the courage and have enough control to succeed. Let the baby-proofing begin! Baby gate has been installed at the top of the staircase (which we actually already had from Darby’s puppy days) and crib mattress has been lowered. We still have much more to do, but we have made a start.
The biggest development this month is that Lucas is combat crawling on his belly! This actually started 2 days after he turned 6 months old! I also started crawling around 6 months old, so it must be in the genes. These days, there is no point in laying a blanket out for him to play on anymore, since he rarely stays on it. And now that Lucas is mobile, Darby brings her toys and balls to him as if saying, “come on, let’s play!” hee hee! He will also go into a crawling position from a sit, but it took a little while for him to muster up the courage and have enough control to succeed. Let the baby-proofing begin! Baby gate has been installed at the top of the staircase (which we actually already had from Darby’s puppy days) and crib mattress has been lowered. We still have much more to do, but we have made a start.
This month, Eric went on a business trip to Hungary for a week, so I had the opportunity to care for Lucas and Darby on my own while working! It was definitely a challenge, but we got through just fine and less exhausted than I had anticipated. I had to do daycare drop-off and pick-up, which meant that I had flex my time and go into work about 1.5 hours late each day and stay 1.5 hours late each afternoon. But, as long as I had daycare feed Lucas his solid meal before I picked him up, then we still had enough time to walk Darby when we got home and play together before bedtime. I really began to appreciate my early work hours this week and realized that I would be less than thrilled if I had to come home at 5pm every night.
Food-wise, this post gives a good summary of where we got to this month.
Another month down – a lifetime to go! How in the world is time going so fast!? We love you, Munchy Munch!

No comments:
Post a Comment