He speaks in coherent sentences complete with pronouns, adjectives, nouns and verbs. Lucas can sing his ABCs perfectly, and can identify all his uppercase (since he was 28 months) and almost all of his lowercase letters. He can count to 20 and can identify numbers 1-10 in print. He can indentify his name in print (again, since 28 months), can spell his name out loud and most-recently, he can write L, U, and C in prep for writing out his first name. And now that Mommy is priivy to this info (he completely taught himself how to write those letters!), we can now work on learning how to write the remainder of his name.
Lucas is also dabbling in reading. He is VERY interested in learning what words letters in his books spell. Back at Christmas-time, we introduced the Elf on the Shelf. On the first night, our elf, Percy, arrived with his book. Lucas didn't want us to read it to him, but instead, he wanted to look through it himself. I was nearby and I heard him say "S-H-E-L-F says 'shelf'". I did a double-take and asked him to repeat. He spelled shelf again! We never once did we say 'elf on the shelf' to him. I told his preschool teacher and she thought that was incredible...though she said she wasn't surprised...he apparently has read words to her before and an example she used is the MEN sign for the bathroom.
Lucas has graduated to 100 piece jigsaw puzzles!
His favorite shows right now are Dora, Doc McStuffins, Bubble Guppies, Sesame Street and Peter Rabbit.
Music is still one of his greatest loves...both singing and playing instruments! He got a half size acoustic guitar for Christmas from Uncle Craig, and he loves to have jam sessions!
Lucas is doing stellar in preschool! Many days when I pick him up, his teachers are excited to report out on what Lucas did that day...whether it be decorating his snowman with parts in the correct locations, or singing all of the words to their prayer before snack time, or how well he listened to his teachers or shared with the other kids. We are so proud of how well he is doing in school! And he LOVES going, which makes us so proud!
Oh, yes, and Lucas has started to sing our blessing before dinner...alone! If Eric or I try to sing with him, Lucas will stop and tell us, "NO, I will sing it. You don't sing!" And then he will start again from the beginning. It's hilarious and oh so cute. Eric and I usually beam at each other with pride each night before dinner while Lucas says Grace.
What a little man Lucas is. He contantly tells us, "I'm a grownup". OK, Little One, but please don't grow up too quickly!
We are so proud of our 3 year old! What an amazing blessing he is! We love you, Lucas William!
Music is still one of his greatest loves...both singing and playing instruments! He got a half size acoustic guitar for Christmas from Uncle Craig, and he loves to have jam sessions!
Lucas is doing stellar in preschool! Many days when I pick him up, his teachers are excited to report out on what Lucas did that day...whether it be decorating his snowman with parts in the correct locations, or singing all of the words to their prayer before snack time, or how well he listened to his teachers or shared with the other kids. We are so proud of how well he is doing in school! And he LOVES going, which makes us so proud!
Oh, yes, and Lucas has started to sing our blessing before dinner...alone! If Eric or I try to sing with him, Lucas will stop and tell us, "NO, I will sing it. You don't sing!" And then he will start again from the beginning. It's hilarious and oh so cute. Eric and I usually beam at each other with pride each night before dinner while Lucas says Grace.
What a little man Lucas is. He contantly tells us, "I'm a grownup". OK, Little One, but please don't grow up too quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment