During the Baptism ceremony, Lucas was so well-behaved since he was sleeping. When it was time to have the holy water poured over his head, he opened his eyes in surprise, but then quickly went back to sleep without making a peep! After the beautiful ceremony, we all gathered at the Lamb Tavern for a celebratory luncheon. The food was delicious (including the yummy cake from Sweet Jazmine's - our favorite bakery that I frequent so often that the owner now knows me by name!) and everyone had a wonderful time holding and getting to know little Lucas. The little guy was so tuckered out, since he didn't get an afternoon nap, that he slept 9 hours that night!!
Speaking of sleep - Lucas is proving to be such a great sleeper. Each night during the last week or so, he's been sleeping for about 7 hours uninterrupted - one night, he even slept a full 8 hours - more than Eric or I got that night! We hope this pattern continues! I have read that babies who sleep a lot during the day, sleep better at night, so I am trying to make sure that Lucas gets lots of rest in the form of naps each day.

No comments:
Post a Comment